- March 5, 1836: Samuel Colt manufactures the first pistol: a .34-caliber ‘Texas’ model.
- March 6, 1836: Day 13 at the Alamo. After a bloody 90-minute battle, the Alamo falls. Santa Anna orders the bodies of the slain defenders burned.
- March 7, 1926: The first transatlantic telephone call between London and New York occurs.
- March 8, 1884: Susan B Anthony addresses the House Judiciary Committee arguing for a Constitutional amendment granting women the right to vote.
- March 9, 1959: The first Barbie doll goes on display at the American Toy Fair in New York City. ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:MattelBarbieno1br.jpg)
- March 10, 1876: Alexander Graham Bell summons his assistant in the next room via telephone. “Mr. Watson, come here; I want to see you.”
- March 11, 1867: A pony express-type route is established between Helena, Montana Territory and Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Until next time,