I can’t conceive how much money one billion dollars is. I can sort of wrap my head around the conversion of one billion equaling 1000 million.
If I had $1000 million dollars to spend, I would, in no particular order:
- gift the yearly maximum allowable federal monetary amount to myself and each of my immediate blood relatives every year for the rest of our lives (roughly $12000 to $15000 per person per year);
- donate millions to archeological organizations;
- donate millions to hospitals and research facilities for children’s health;
- donate millions to organizations that provide families with assistance to offset expenses when their children are undergoing medical procedures;
- donate millions to animal protection/rescue organizations;
- donate millions to assist in world refugee situations;
- donate millions to organizations that assist women with medical needs/protections the US Supreme Court rescinded in June 2022; and
- set up scholarships for people of any age to pursue technical and/or trade school certifications/degrees (not for ‘traditional’ academic college degrees).
A billion dollars is an insane amount of money that could be shared for the good of humanity. More importantly, it should be shared.
Until next time,
writing through history one romance upon a time
Image: GiveBack – © Can Stock Photo / PixelsAway