There are countless ways to show, rather than tell, someone(s) that you love them. I might…
- Send a card
- Give a gift
- Cook a meal
- Buy a meal
- Give of my time
- Run errands
- Sit at someone’s bedside in the hospital
- Hold hands, say nothing
- Watch the sunrise or sunset with someone
- Have coffee together on the porch swing
- Sit on the porch and reminisce about old times
- Attend a child’s sporting event, music recital, program
- Star-watch together
- Drive someone to an appointment
- Treat s to a movie or dinner out
- Send a text so they know I made it
- Share a bottle of wine and talk
Showing love can be anything given from your heart.
I thought of this song when I read today’s prompt: More than Words by Extreme. The song’s message is all about showing love and not merely saying the words, I love you. It’s a message worth contemplating.
Here is the song performed by Steven Tyler and Nunu Bettencourt at the 2014 Nobel Peace Prize Concert.
Until next time.
writing through history one romance upon a time